Sunday, February 19, 2006

Tell me - Is AJAX cool or hot?

Feeling to write someting on some cool technology to slay off my drowsiness. So I choose AJAX. When I started using Gmail, I was surprised by its quick response. Specially, it was noticeable that on most of the events, it don't load full page (like Yahoo!! is still doing). This is due to new idea of AJAX technology. AJAX is new 'idea' but not new technology, as it uses our old babies 'Java script' and 'XML'. Whenever the web page needs some data, you get it using Java Scrip in XML format. As AJAX is simply use of Java Script and XML in smart way, you can develop such interface in any web development languages (like ASP, JSP, PHP... and many). You can have application like interface and speed with AJAX. I have read somewhere that 'limitations of AJAX totally depends upon the imagination of the developer' – and that may be right. If you want to see sample application, goto (again... I am a bad programmer) google suggest and google maps (common... don't except link from me). A good tutorial is here.

I leave you here and myself too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds interesting...
good research man...

-- peevee