If you, my friend, are annoyed by zillions of flash advertisements running on your browser for which you haven't subscribed, have a look at the latest version of Firefox 20. It has a hidden lovable feature called "Click To Play". If enabled, it will deactivate all Flash (and Java) plugins except the one which you select to activate in a page. I've a netbook ('cheap laptop') which cannot handle the army of flash advertisements so I chose to activate this hidden Click_To_Play feature on my recently updated Firefox.Happy Browsing and don't let the Flash ads bite!
How to Enable Click_To_Play:
- Open a new firefox tab and type "about:config" in address bar.
- Click on button which says "I will be careful" etc..
- Now search for Click_To_Play in "Search" box.
- Double click preference named "plugins.click_to_play". It will change value of the preference to 'true'.
- You are done. Go to any web site and click only the plugin which you know you want to activate.